WEDDING PLANNING TIP: Eco-Friendly Wedding
The key to planning an eco-friendly green event or wedding is to
not only remember the three Rs, reuse, recycle and reduce but to use
them. Here are some really great green wedding ideas to reduce your
wedding carbon footprint:
1) Instead of receiving a save the date card we received a save the
date email. The actual wedding invitation did come in the mail on 100%
recycled paper. The invitation then directed us to a website to RSVP and
2) Hold the ceremony and reception at the same venue! And the
ceremony was held outdoors and that way they not only saved money they
used Mother Nature for the ceremony decorations. After the ceremony we
moved indoors for the reception. All and I do mean all the wedding décor
was recycled. The bridal couple spent the year prior getting in touch
with various brides and grooms and collecting gently used wedding decor.
Each table centerpiece was equally special but differently unique from
the next. The limited amount of flowers used was locally sourced,
organically grown and truly beautiful.
3) Wedding experts say these days a wedding favor, whether an
eco-friendly wedding favor or not, is really more an option than a must.
At the wedding I attended instead of handing out favors they donated
money to an eco-friendly green cause very close to their heart. It was a
4) Food glorious food… The menu was vegetarian based, locally sourced
and organically grown and truly delicious. The food was set up buffet
style and instead of a traditional wedding cake, a wonderful cupcake
cake was available, so guests took only what they wanted saving on food
Now is the time to take care of our planet and it can be done! Start
with small changes and before you know it you will have stopped some of
the unnecessary and needless consumption, while still creating a
wonderful, loving wedding that will be remembered for a lifetime.
WEDDING PLANNING TIP | Entertainment Budget
Hire a student quartet to play during your ceremony or cocktail hour. Check with local colleges and universities. If you are thinking about a band we recommend checking out the Carroll High Schools Jazz Band.. Visit their website for their "GIGS FOR DONATIONS" program at: carrolljazz.com
Venue is another word for location or site and all details stem from it. It is also the largest expense of any wedding. When you are selecting a venue for your wedding, forgetting to ask an important question could mean you end up selecting a venue that is missing a key element.
Selecting the perfect wedding location is critical to the success of every wedding. Finding a wedding site or event venue can be daunting requiring a significant amount of time and effort. Here are a few things to consider when considering a venue:
- Atmosphere: The desired atmosphere may be an influential factor when deciding the venue.
- Location: How far does the couple want their guests to travel?
- Size: How large is the guest list? Remember, every venue has a minimum guarantee of guests to reserve a room.
- Length: Room rentals are a large factor to look at.
- Outdoors/Indoors: If the wedding is held outdoors and the weather does not turn out nicely, will it be able to be moved inside? If so, how many people will be able to fit inside?